Saturday, February 26, 2011

Liquor Store Nocturne, Escondido



"Liquor Store Nocturne, Escondido" 12 x 12 inches, oil on canvas.

I finally have my exhibition date scheduled for May 14th, 2011 at K Nathan Gallery in La Jolla. There will be nearly 30 paintings, the biggest and best show of my career to date. Currently I'm working on an exhibition catalog, and other materials for promotion. I'm exhausted, excited, and eager to see it all come together.

This new piece is called "Liquor Store Nocturne" 12 x 12 inches, oil on canvas. I'm painting a few Liquor Store pieces, I love the old signage, and the feel of a night setting. And more than a few of my figures lately have been on the phone... symbolic of trying to reach out and make a connection, or perhaps escape lonliness or anxiety.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

or maybe asking for someone to pick him up because its too darn scary this time of night! Awesome painting and CONGRATULATINOS on your upcoming show. How exciting!!! 30 frickin' pieces is outrageous. I have a feeling its going to do very very well.

tonypetersart said...

*haha* Thanks Sheila! Yeah, I've been busy.

I love the little narrative you added to my liquor store nocturne... it's one of my favorite responses to my work when someone projects their own story into one of my images. Makes it fun!