Monday, October 12, 2009

Liquor Store Nocturne, El Cajon Blvd.


"Liquor Store Nocturne, El Cajon Blvd." 18 x 18 inches, oil on canvas. This piece, as well as my other new figurative works, are available through K. Nathan Gallery in La Jolla. They have a wonderful selection of early California artists including Franz Bischoff, Edgar Payne, Alfred Mitchell, Maurice Braun, William Wendt, and all the other big names. I feel privileged to be exhibiting in such good company. In addition to these early California artists, K. Nathan handles the works of a select few living contemporary California painters such as myself, Robert Watts, Brian Blood, and Laurie Kersey... http://www.knathangallery.com/index.html My work will be on their website soon, and we're planning an exhibition for the spring of 2010.


This old Liquor Store on El Cajon Boulevard has been a spot that I have long admired for a potential painting, so I have visited it a few times to get the perfect lighting I wanted for the painting. Early one evening when I stopped by, I found this gentleman stepping outside for a smoke.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel like I am walking the beat again. Thanks for the little trip back on memory lane. Now back to the future. Wonderful image and perfect snapshot of every'night' Americana.

BoneDaddy said...

Amazing mood-setting, I can just hear a slow sax droolin out a tune somewhere...

tonypetersart said...

Thanks, Sheila, glad you like it!

tonypetersart said...

Hey BG,

Much appreciated. There's something to be said about painting a nocturne, it does manage to convey a mood.

jeremie lederman said...

look at those trees

tonypetersart said...

Hey Jeremie, haven't heard from you in a while, hope all is well. Glad you like the trees.